Friday, September 09, 2022

this and that

Most days this week it's been rainy, super warm, super humid and super gloomy because of the effects of a typhoon, Hinnamnor (number 11) that hovered over Okinawa for almost 3 or 4 days?!

To keep cool, I tried this Godiva chocolate frappe from Family Mart...super chocolatey with lots of chocolate bits in it...430 yen (tax included)

Bomboloni from Bakery Alice...I thought bomboloni is supposed to have custard in it?...180 yen (tax included)

Was disappointed that this didn't, it was just a donut made from brioche dough which was tasty but I was kinda looking forward to the custard.

Ji Pai flavored chips...Ji Pai is a Taiwanese street food, a huge flat piece of fried chicken.

These chips made by Yamayoshi was 5 spiced chicken flavored..so ono!

I think there are places in Harajuku and/or Shin-Okubo maybe even nearby that sell Ji Pai...hope to try the real thing one day.

Keema Curry chips by Calbee another ono flavor.

Not too spicy, just lots of beefy curry flavor

And yet another good flavor were these Spicy Korean Nori flavored chips by Calbee.

Sesame oil, nori and chili...mmm!
My host mom sent us some Shine Muscat on Wednesday (thank you!).

I think the variety is different from the one Satoshi bought because the orbs are smaller.

The yen has taken off and was 144?! Krazy.

Japan's daily case numbers have dropped significantly...hoping it is because they are truly decreasing and not because of the "new counting system".

The new rules for entering Japan started Wednesday... go through travel agent, sign an affidavit, get visa, make sure you’ve had at least 3 vaccinations, welcome to Japan...still hoping Japan will fully open soon.

Have a safe weekend. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, i hope you're not eating all those chips yourself! salt! Nah, I'm kinda lucky I'm not much of a chip person but love wheat thins and triscuts. I think they're just as salty.

It's humid and hot here too. Kind of don't want to go outside but I just put a crockpot on with ham shanks to make portuguese bean soup. and supposed to be hot and humid through Saturday. Ugh!

I keep looking for the moondrop grapes here. should be coming out soon. More tart sweet than sweet like the shine muscat but still really tasty.
v

jalna said...

Interesting variety of chips! And those grapes look good.

K and S said...

V, it's so hot, so I was craving salt...eep! hope you find those grapes that you like!

Jalna, different yeah?!

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Can't wait until Japan fully reopens Kat!

Rowena said...

oh dear, no filing in the bombolonis? I wonder if they (the bakers) got mixed up with malasadas or something.

K and S said...

me too Kirk, so we can meet up with you guys again!

Rowena, I remembered your post and you had filling in yours...

Take care you two.
Kat