Friday, December 16, 2022

this and that

Last Friday at breakfast Satoshi tells me he is working from home…um so I didn’t need to wake up at 5 to make your bento?! sigh

I also told you they were painting and I needed to be at home.

The first coat of paint (primer?!) was done by 9:30-ish 

At 11:30-ish the painter did the second coat and everything was dried by 13:30-ish…whoo!

Man it was fahreezing since we had to leave the painted door area open…shh, he doesn't know I am uploading this photo...bwhaa!

While waiting for the paint to try, I made a skirt/shawl pin for V, boy am I rusty!

Dinner was pizza...half tropical half seafood...

Domino's recently changed their app so they were giving  1/2 off on any large...so we ended up only paying 1992 yen tax included (not bad)

The scaffolding is supposed to start coming down on Monday, so I can't wait to put everything back outside sometime next week.

Tokyo People...this furry one as he passed by
Found lots of favorites at Kaldi (goshoku hana musubi & (not sweet) brown rice cakes) and Fukumitsuya (ume).
This souped up moped...
Christmas presents from Satoshi's German teacher...danke schön.
Since they made our lanai look so nice, I thought we should try to keep as much water off of it.
The drain hose on our air conditioner is really short because of damage from the sun, it is plastic so just it being outside makes it brittle.

I bought a hose joint and a new hose and attached it to the old one....528 yen (tax included)

Hope we can keep as much moisture off the lanai.

Have a safe weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

4000yen for a dominos pizza??? I guess its not much better here.
The pin is so pretty! can't wait to get it :) thanks!

(btw, my dental trip was ok this time and can actually chew on my left side again. Whew)
v

jalna said...

Satoshi so funny; cute da pin; pizza looks ono; good job on the hose!

Rowena said...

oh-oh, a little bit of a communication problem eh? I get updates (about work) from MotH all the time, even stuff that doesn't involve him, like his work colleague transfering in Dubai to get to India. I think somebody wishes he could work-travel too...

K and S said...

V, I hope the pin doesn't disappoint..whew on your dentist stuffs

Jalna, :)

Rowena, at least MotH tells you everything :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

My goodness....a bit of a communication problem there....

K and S said...

Kirk, small kine

Take care.
kat