Thursday, December 29, 2022

10 photos

Salad Chicken...also known as poached chicken, is an easy way to make a tasty lean protein.
Ume spareribs...tasted like hoisin sauce ribs.
Sweet sour spareribs was similar to something my Grandma used to make
Everything parmesan crusted potatoes was easy and tasty.
Banh Xeo...so fun to say
Shakshuka...easy to make and also fun to say
1st time ordering from T-farm their blood oranges were delicious
1st time ordering from Hinata Nouen, it was fun to try different varieties of figs.
1st time ordering from Meister Toganeya, their linguica is similar to the portuguese sausage I grew up with.
1st time making umeshu...6 months to go until we get to taste this.

I started posting 10 photos back in 2008 as a meme, nowadays it is a nice way to look back at the adventures in my kitchen over the year.

Did you have a favorite kitchen adventure that I didn't write about here?  Please tell me about it in the comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried making the ume spareribs for a pot luck. Everyone liked it< but I didn't think it tasted similar to hoisin ribs. it was fall off the bone, though.
And funny, I was craving sweet sour ribs today so went to Gulicks to pick up lunch! My standard is chow fun, pork with long beans, pork with eggplant and spareribs. LOL, I guess I like pork. They give so much, it is easily 2 lunches for about $15.
Couldn't think of other recipes you've posted this past year but I like most of them...not the kind that has lots of ingredients, LOL
v

K and S said...

V, aw glad everyone still liked it :)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Very nice Kat! Hope to here about those sausages. We've gotten into the habit of ordering from D'Artangnan.

K and S said...

I've written about these sausages Kirk here, https://katnsatoshiinjapan.blogspot.com/2022/09/meister-toganeya.html

Take care:)
Kat