Wednesday, December 07, 2022

8128

Saturday, Satoshi had a dentist appointment and also a tour guide lecture, so I went walking around.

I started at the Tottori Okayama antenna shop near Shinbashi and purchased these rakkyo (pickled scallions)

It’s been awhile since we've had these...sweet type and kim chee type.

Then I walked up towards Ginza, first time to experience all the Christmas decorations 

This tree somehow reminded me of Charlie Brown's Christmas (it was next to Hooters...)
This one was next to a pastry shop called Piece Montee (I hope to check out their cakes next time).
Angel Champagne's window display
Thought the Louis Vuitton building was cool looking.

Checked out the Yamagata antenna shop and purchased these two different natto 

(we tried the one on the right. both are a larger amount than we usually buy (80 grams each) so we shared.

Also these do not come with karashi (mustard) or sauce so we used our own)

I liked how fresh this was in comparison to the mass made natto we usually buy and not as stinky.

And takuan made with ume syrup, this was a little puckery but delicious!

Couple doors down is the Hiroshima antenna shop where I picked up some of my favorites (nekomame and furikake) and something new, this huge bag of noriten (fried nori) to try.
Then down a couple of streets to the Ibaraki antenna shop for some hoshiimo (dried sweet potato) and yakiguri (roasted chestnuts)

The yakiguri was smokey delicious, meaty and sweet.
Beautiful Sasanqua tree on the corner of Babasaki and Sotobori Avenues
Looking down Babasaki Avenue
The tree in the lobby at Pacific Century Place, was decorated with what looked like colored baby's breath...


And burritos for our lunch from Frijoles which Twitter friend Andy told me about.

The set up is similar to Subway, cafeteria style where you go through the different items and they put it into your burrito, taco, rice bowl or salad...

I got the chicken, Satoshi wanted beef, I also put in the rice, black beans, fresh tomato salsa, cheese, sour cream, avocado and lettuce in both our burritos.

I would definitely go back here and they also have several shops around Tokyo too...Thanks Andy!

There were definitely a lot of people out and about and the temperature was kind of fahreezing...

I hope to check out more (new to me) antenna shops in the future.

Oishii Yamagata Plaza (antenna shop)
1-5-10 Ginza
Chuo, Tokyo
Phone: 03.5250.1752
Hours: 10:00-19:00 daily

Ibaraki Sense (antenna shop)
1-2-1 Ginza
Chuo, Tokyo
Phone: 03.5524.0818
Hours: 10:30-20:00 daily

Frijoles
2-2-1 Yaesu inside of Tokyo Midtown Yaesu B1
Chuo, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6262.3202
Open 10:00-21:00 daily

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I buy noriten and put it in my ramen, but it softens up in the shiru.
is the ume takuan red or the yellow kind with ume flavor? sounds ono.
I saw korean chestnuts at times yesterday and almost bought some. Maybe I will go back to get some to try roast. Didn't get my fill the other week.
v

jalna said...

Nice haul you got!

K and S said...

V, the ume takuan is colorless :)

Jalna, thanks :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'm thrown off a bit....at an antenna shop, like, where they would sell tvs, you can get foodstuffs? I know you'll have a logical explanation but my head is going coo-coo.

K and S said...

Rowena, apparently Japanese use the word "antenna shops" to mean "something trendy", they have their "antenna" up to catch the latest trends from all the different prefectures...hope this makes sense :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

ok that makes a bit more sense!

K and S said...

Rowena, I guess sometimes I don't realize that some words that Japanese use doesn't translate well to English :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

You missed the andagi at the Okinawa antenna shop😜

K and S said...

Thanks for stopping by Anon

Take care.
Kat