Wednesday, June 21, 2023

banana juice

In Osaka, they have a drink called mixed juice (mikkusu ju-sue)

all sorts of fruits are blended with milk, a liquidy smoothie.

You can find this drink at some Osaka train station kiosks, people standing around drinking variations of this.

You can watch them blend it in a blender, drink your order then go catch the train.

I had some really ripe bananas, so I put this together the other morning.

Serves 2

1 really ripe banana

2 teaspoons kinako (my kinako (soy bean powder) also has ground black sesame and ground almond in it)

1 cup your favorite milk

Whizz until everything is blended

NOTES: sweet from the banana, this was delicious

I'll make this again

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so practically just banana, kinako and milk? I gotta try too since my boss started bring bananas again.
v

jalna said...

"mikkusu ju-sue" 😂

K and S said...

yes V, banana, kinako & milk, you can sub with soy milk to up protein :) add different fruit if you want too :)

Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Man, just three ingredients for a wonderful drink!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat