Monday, June 26, 2023

okara "potato" salad (update)

Reconnected with okara "potato" salad

The recipe I used was again from the bag of okara.

The one I previously used had you "cook" the okara to get rid of the moisture.

This one doesn't have cooking involved and seemed easier, so I updated my okara potato salad recipe.

(FYI : potato salad in Japan is more like a mashed potato texture.)

For this version, instead of ham, cucumber, carrot, grated onion, yogurt, mayo, I used myoga, shiso, cucumber, a little dressing and a little mayo.

and for this version, I used cucumber, pickled myoga, shiso and a little mayo, I should’ve added a little more salt or something, this version was bland even with the pickled myoga

I'm glad I reconnected with this, it is a nice way to have "potato salad" without all the carbs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mukashi, mukashi my grandma used to live close to a tofu factory in Moiliili. They would give her okara when she bought tofu so she would cook it up and I remember eating it all the time.
Your "potato" salad recipe sounds ono and simple to make. Another one of your recipes I want to try! Just gotta remember to stop by Aloha Tofu when I pass by.
v

Rowena said...

I would like to try this with potatoes as no way I'll find okara here (hope I get a decent myoga crop this year).

K and S said...

Hope you like this V!

Rowena, hoping for a good myoga crop for you!

Take care you two!
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat!

K and S said...

definitely be making this again Kirk

Take care.
Kat