Thursday, June 15, 2023

hari

Hari is a tiny cinnamon roll shop.

Unlike most cinnamon rolls, these are 4-inch squares.

The woman who bakes and runs the shop used to live in Sri Lanka. 

She makes about 10 different flavors and uses Ceylon cinnamon 

During the pandemic and now on weekends, they sell their cinnamon rolls as pre-orders only.

The other day, I saw something online that they would be selling their cinnamon rolls first come first serve, so I went to check them out.

I got there 15 minutes before their opening time and there was already a line, I was 13th (I counted).

The limit was 4 rolls per person and most of the people in front of me were buying 4.

I chose the matcha sesame azuki...560 yen (tax included)

And the original...560 yen (tax included)

So delicious! not overly sweet

A little more expensive but I was pleased that all her flavors are the same price.

I'm glad we got to try these and hope to try other flavors in the future.

Hari

1-4-2 Denenchofu

Ota, Tokyo

Closed Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays & Mondays

Hours: 11:00-until sold out* check social media for their selling methods

**cash only

7 comments:

jalna said...

Uuuuuuuuuu.

Anonymous said...

such weird hours. I wouldn't be able to get any, just like asato and breadshop over here.
bah.
v

K and S said...

Jalna :)

V, yeah, kind of late, but most businesses in Japan open about this time.

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I like the flavor combo of matcha sesame azuki, and they look so cute!

K and S said...

Rowena, didn't you say you bought some of these 4 inch cube pans?! if you have time, you should try :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Wow, an 11am opening is kinda late by western standards....

K and S said...

Kirk, which is why I love how early places open in Hawaii :)

Take care.
Kat