Thursday, June 08, 2023

keeping cool

"H" (Humidity if you are a new reader to this blog) has started so we've been trying to keep cool.

Weirdly though, Kanto (East Japan) hasn't started their rainy season, yet...

AND Typhoon 3 (Guchol) has been spotted near the Philippines...so they expect rain (again) this weekend...eep!

I made a batch of Yamagata style dashi and we've been putting it on tofu and on cooked meats.
And have been eating ice cream too.

I'm waiting for the price of fresh corn to come down so I can make corn rice and fritters

Since I had a box of "canned" corn, I've already made minced chicken with corn miso butter which I make at least once every summer...

I also want to make a batch of tomato suzuke, but need to free up my jar which is making umeshu, one more week to go!

Hope it is cooler where you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to make that minced dashi thing again but the myoga here is so expensive!
v

K and S said...

I remember you saying that myoga is super expensive, V.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Strange; I just read an article in the paper that said we haven't had a completely sunny day here since Feb 15th!

K and S said...

oh my Kirk!

Take care.
Kat