Friday, June 23, 2023

this and that

The mannekin pis ready for rainy season : photo by Satoshi
Saw a yakitori food truck doing business under a supermarket, love how teeny the food trucks are here.
 
I wanna know how this root managed to weave itself on this fence!

Tokyo People: I would totally fall down wearing these sandals
Was so humid the day I was following behind this guy...
After going to the dentist the other week, they suggested I get a mouth guard to prevent me from clenching my teeth when I sleep.

I decorated my container with masking tape
My newest temptation written "scorn"! in English...
like crunchy cheetos which is pronounced “scone” in Japanese.

These are spice curry flavored.
My cyclamen plant doesn't know whether it is Spring or Summer...we had several flowers and now the dead straggly leaves, these were the effects from the reno, the green leaves just came up a couple weeks ago...
And because my photos uploaded wonky....

I also put some masking tape in the container so I can see my mouth guard.

Thankful for insurance, the mouth guard was only 3020 yen and if need be, can be replaced for a fee in 6 months.

Seeing this poster, blocked partially by a construction wall...
Reminded me of this sticker that I like to use on LINE.

Whenever I go to Kawasaki, I like to buy this okonomiyaki style taiyaki for lunch, it is savory and tastes just like okonomiyaki.

The other day, when I went to Kawasaki, they had a seasonal version, with the addition of yakisoba in it...delicious!

I also bought one with tsubuan (chunky sweet bean paste)...bu bu (oink oink)

Have a safe weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahaha, does that chip package say cho very good?
I would think the vine growing through the fence would warp the fence!
You know they sell little Japanese trucks here now? I keep thinking I want to buy one. Since they're really old, they're pretty affordable if you can drive right hand and manual trans. Go putt putting around town.
v

K and S said...

V, cho very good is a saying that was popular in Japan back in the 90s or so?! I saw someone post about the teeny fire truck, cute!

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

I love seeing those little trucks here. So cute.

Rowena said...

oh that okonomiyaki taiyaki is just another reason to put that taiyaki pan into my amazon cart (so many times I put it in there only to remove it later!).

K and S said...

They must be cute to see around Jalna :)

Rowena, you could fill them with all sorts of fillings...definitely a want item though :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

That taiyaki seems like something I'd like!

K and S said...

you would like this I think Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat