Tuesday, January 16, 2024

frou frou

Wanted to try Frou Frou’s food ever since they were featured on a tv program.

Glad they are on social media so I could see their operating schedule

Late afternoon is not really my favorite time to go out since I try to do all my errands in the morning, but since I wanted to try their food, I went to stand in line before their 16:00 opening time and was first in line...

The teeny shop is run only by the owner/chef, so be prepared to wait.

I was looking over the take out menu while waiting and he finally opened at 16:15

Being my first time here, I didn't know "the rules" or layout of the shop...there were tiny baskets at the entrance, so I took one, just in case.

There were so many pre-packed items to look over when I got inside, but I already had the demiglace hamburger and macaroni gratin in mind (which was featured on television), so as soon as I walked in, I grabbed those two items and as I left there was a line waiting to get in

2 demiglace hamburgers and 1 container of macaroni gratin...1500 yen (tax included)

The hamburger was so beefy! the gratin was a bit watery, I would've enjoyed it more if it were more cheesy.

Satoshi gave this a thumbs up.

I thought this was pretty reasonable, I'll try to go again, so we can try other items

Frou Frou
2-23-2 Higashiyukigaya
Ota, Tokyo
Open Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays*
*check their social media for times and days, cash only

3 comments:

jalna said...

Glad it turned out good!

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat! And not very "frou-frou" at all! ;o)

K and S said...

me too Jalna :)

Kirk, :)

Take care you two.
Kat