Wednesday, January 17, 2024

so...

Saturday, I had my dental appointment at 17:00

I decided I should eat a lot for lunch, just in case I couldn't eat after my appointment.

We had lunch at Civitas

It had been awhile since we had been here, the prices have gone up quite a bit but it is still good as ever.

My appointment went as scheduled, the dentist decided to give the cracked tooth a root canal and will eventually cap the tooth.

I need to go back another three times before the capping takes place.

Since the root canal only took 30 minutes, I was debating what to do about dinner.

Luckily Satoshi was meeting up with friends, so I only had to think about my own dinner.

I thought about Shake Shack, but since my mouth was still numb, and it was sleeting and fahreezing, I decided to head back home just in case the snow got krazy and stopped the trains.

On the way home, I remembered that Frou Frou was open, so I got off the train, and luckily didn't have to wait too long to purchase some items.

I purchased the pork and red beans simmered in demi glace and tomato...this was a fancy pork and beans! served over rice with cole slaw, cheese sauce and steak fries.

Loved this dish! meaty, the sauce was a little on the rich side but still very delicious!...800 yen (tax included).

I also purchased this chunky minestrone...500 yen (tax included) for my dinner on Sunday, since Satoshi had another gathering with friends.

I was pleasantly surprised when I put it into the pot to heat up and found 2 small stuffed cabbages in there.

This was a hearty and tasty soup.

I can see why everyone fill up their baskets when they purchase from this shop.

His dishes can easily be frozen to be eaten another day.

I'll definitely be back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so yummy!
Welcome to my world of root canals, LOL. Just remember, even if you think your mouth is not numb anymore, it still is!!!!
I love pork and beans, I like the one from Bob's Barbeque in Kalihi although it is more of a baked beans
and that minestrone looks almost like portugese bean soup. yummm!
v

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I just went through an extraction & have to get an implant. 💸 I’m glad something good happened because you went to the dentist. That’s some fancy, yummy looking minestrone. The cook obviously puts a lot of care and consideration into his dishes.

Anonymous said...

A root canal at 5:00? They!re gone and closed by then here!
Meals always look so delicious there and inexpensive, why even cook. Especially for only one or two people.
Bonny ogg

K and S said...

V, the baked beans sounds ono!hope your root canals are pau already!

Anon, ouch! hope you are on the mend, take care.

Bonny, here lots of doctors & dentists have late hours for many who work. Also, Saturdays are considered a weekday, so they are also open late.

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

That's amazing hours for a dentist. And nice to see you are getting "Frou Frou" again! ;o)

K and S said...

I've actually seen other dentists open later than mine, Kirk!

Take care.
Kat