Tuesday, January 30, 2024

omma foods

We've tried all sorts of items from Omma Foods and recently got to try their Kalbi Jjim, which is beef or pork short ribs that are braised

This was beef but not short ribs and sadly it was salty and not too tender.

The kalbi jjim was actually a bento, so I froze the rice and we ate the hijiki and kiriboshi daikon kim chee with their kimbap

The kimbap, on this day was filled it with gobo (burdock), egg and other veggies..1566 yen (tax included) for everything

It was also Kat's first time trying makgeolli.

This was a probiotic one from Kaldi...298 yen (tax included)

It tasted kind of like a sweetened yogurt with a little kick from the alcohol, dunno if I would get this again, but I'm glad I tried it.

With the start of the new year, have you tried something new to you? Tell me about it in the comments 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1556 yen for everything is sooo cheap! Ireh sells a kalbi jim for $19.99 on a hot plate so the rice stays super hot if you dine in and kimbap here usually costs $5 or more! Regular kalbi jim at most restaurants here are over $40!! Sad that the kalbi jim was tough and salty. I love kalbi jim! especially the daikon and carrot with it.
Is makkeoli usually probiotic? Interesting that it was yogurty. It is cloudy because of the rice and I find the flavored soju or makkeoli too sweet so I usually mix them with the unflavored soju or makkeoli.
I better look in the markets for that one you drank.
v

K and S said...

The makkeoli is made by Bekseju V, hope you get a chance to try it.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Tried some white strawberries from Japan. DonKi Kaheka had them. $20 for a tray of 9. They were very well packaged. Each berry had a sort of hammock that kept the berry from being smashed against the plastic container. I didn't expect the different texture.

jalna said...

Too bad about the kalbi jjim, but it sure looks good.

KirkK said...

Haven't tried anything new yet Kat....guess I better get out there!

K and S said...

A really long time ago, I tried some white strawberries too Anon, they didn't taste too sweet though

Jalna, yeah, too bad.

Kirk, I hope you try something new :)

Take care everyone.
Kat