Tuesday, January 23, 2024

thank you

Host sister, T, sent me these chocolates and other sweets made by Yvan Chevalier.

I haven't been in the loop lately with Salon du Chocolat especially since they changed the way you can purchase the items during the pandemic.

When I unwrapped these cookies from the bubble wrap, I had a feeling some were missing and joked with Satoshi that someone ate some..

Well, my (foodie) host sister must’ve heard me because she fessed up. 

It was a new item that she hadn’t tried before, the container wasn’t sealed like they usually are, so she tasted one of each flavor of the cookies...aiyah!

Still, thankful she remembered my birthday (even if these arrived earlier than she requested).

Thank you T!

*the light blue box was milk chocolate with popcorn, the red box was dark chocolate with raspberry purée, the long white box was square cookies covered with milk and dark chocolates.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, that is hilarious!
At least it was her...could you imagine if it was some strange product tampering?
V

Aimee said...

Well that's really weird, I guess it means she really thinks of you as a sister to do something like that haha. Otherwise, opening and eating part of a gift intended for someone else other than close family seems really bizarre!

K and S said...

V, so many unreal incidents with food lately, good thing it was her :)

Aimee, we were shocked too :)

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

Reminds me of the time a drug rep dropped by my former working place with a box of pastries. He had a bit of powdered sugar at the corner of his mouth. I wanted to laugh when he presented the box to me.

KirkK said...

So she wen cockroach some Kat? That's so funny!

K and S said...

Jalna, aiyah!

Kirk, she did :)

Take care you two.
Kat