Friday, January 24, 2014

a.c. perch thehandel

A.C. Perch is a Denmark tea brand.

They actually opened a cafe in Osaka last June, but I only I recently learned about it.

So this past Tuesday, since I was in the area, I went to check them out.

Main dishes are mostly tartines (open faced sandwiches) though they also have hot dogs and other items.

I ordered the scallop and shrimp tartine...1260 yen and also added soup and tea for 315 yen more.

The soups they had to choose from were a corn potage, clam chowder or minestrone. I went with minestrone. This was thick and sort of reminded me of portuguese bean soup, a soup we eat in Hawaii.

My tartine also came with a salad and you could choose between a citrus dressing or an olive dressing. I went with the citrus.

The dressing was really refreshing and went nicely with the seafood tartine.

The tartine also had 3 different cheeses on it (I asked...gorgonzola, parmesan and camembert) and a little broccoli...cheesy good!

The tea I chose was No. 5...Emperor Tea.

A Keemun, dark and smoky.

I'm glad I tried this place and will definitely be back when I'm in the area.

A.C. Perch TheHandel (UPDATE: 2018 closed)
Abeno Harukas Kintetsu Department Store 1F
Abeno, Osaka
Phone: 06.6625.2120
Open 10:00-21:00, Closed when Kintetsu Department store is

3 comments:

K said...

Ooh, looks like a great lunch!

Rowena said...

Ok, I try this comment box again.

They've got a beautiful website (tea room looks divine). Your meal looks tasty but was there anything else on the menu that seemed more "danish". Oddly enough, I see the word danish and I'm thinking of danish pastries... :P

K and S said...

Thanks K :) it was!

lol, I don't think danishes are Danish, Rowena :p

Take care you two.
Kat