Wednesday, September 09, 2015

kamo donuts

Cake doughnuts can sometimes be dry.

The ones in Japan tend to be really moist. I am wondering if it is because most of them use okara (soy lees) in their batter?!

Anyway, there is a tiny donut shop near MIL's called Kamo Donuts.

We've tried their doughnuts several times, I guess I've just never posted about it.

This past Sunday, we fought the rain and went to visit the family grave as well as Satoshi's grandma's grave.

Then before visiting with MIL, we picked up some doughnuts to have with coffee.

I had their lemon cake...love the lemon glaze and bits of lemon.

I also had their coconut cake.

They definitely don't skimp on the coconut.

It was nice visiting with MIL and these doughnuts were good too.

We'll be back!

Kamo Donuts
28 Kitaohno-cho
Kita-ku, Kyoto
Phone: 075.491.1232
Closed Tuesdays & the 3rd Wednesday
Hours: 10:30-19:30

6 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

They do look good!

K and S said...

They really were Sheri :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

I like the density of cake donuts.

K and S said...

me too Jalna as long as they aren't dry :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Sounds like a nice visit Kat!

K and S said...

it really was K!

Take care:)
Kat