Tuesday, September 08, 2015

white bird coffee stand

I've had this place bookmarked for a while now.

It doesn't open too early so I usually end up having coffee at other places.

Saturday, since I had some time to spare, I finally went to check them out.

The GPS on my phone got me a bit lost.

Tucked on a corner under large highways and walkways, I finally found them.

Since it was about lunchtime, I tried their hot dog.

This is served on a toasted rye bun.

They also put a lot of ketchup and yellow mustard on.

And aonori (green seaweed)...at first I had thought it was parsley but realized the nori gave the tangy mustard and ketchup a sweetness...kind of like baked glazed ham.

As always, Japanese sausages have a nice snap.

Since the weather during the daytime is still rather stiffling, I had an iced coffee.

While I was there, there wasn't much foot traffic, I liked the quietness of the place.

I'll be back.

White Bird Coffee Stand
2-1-12 Sonezaki, Kokudo Building #102
Kita-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6809.3769
Open Everyday: 11:00-23:00 (M-S), 11:00-22:00 (Su)

3 comments:

KirkK said...

Now I want a good hot dog Kat! Sounds like a nice find.

K and S said...

Hope you can get your craving fixed Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat

K said...

Yum, glad you found it and checked it out!