Friday, September 11, 2015

kyoto gourmet taxi

Do you have a bucket list? I don't really but if I did, I would definitely put this on it.

A former French chef has turned his love for eating and trying new places into a business.

The Kyoto Gourmet Taxi was recently featured on a news program. The driver takes you around Kyoto to places that he thinks you would enjoy eating at or places that you want to check out.

One day, I hope to try one of his tours.

p.s. yesterday, there were lots of people rescued in the Kanto (East Japan) area due to the flooding and landslides. It was amazing to watch but also scary. Many people lost their homes as well as cars. Japan has so many rivers that you just never know what will happen when THAT much rain falls. Feeling thankful that we weren't affected by this typhoon and I hope those that were affected will be able to re-build quickly.

5 comments:

Rowena said...

I saw the typhoon reports on the news - frightening to see so much flooding!
I have a bucket list but it always changes, depending on the travel whim du jour. We would love to drive Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way Route.

K said...

What a fun idea!

I've seen some of the rescue footage too- so scary! I can't even imagine.

jalna said...

I've been watching footage of the flooding on NHK World. Very scary for the people involved.

KirkK said...

I saw that on the news too.....scary.....

K and S said...

ooh I like the sound of your bucket list Rowena!

Thanks K, Jalna, Kirk & Rowena! They are rebuilding the walls along the river and trying to pick up the pieces there.

Take care everyone!
Kat