Wednesday, September 16, 2015

kujaku curry

Tucked at the end of a little hallway located in our shopping arcade is Kujaku Curry.

We've walked past their signs that advertise their shop many times.

Yesterday, we got a chance to try them.

They have 3 types of curries...katsu (pork cutlet), gyusuji (beef tendon) and half and half (a little of both).

Satoshi ordered the katsu while I went with the gyusuji...each 700 yen (tax included)

Satoshi's katsu looked crisp on the outside without being oily. The gyusuji in my curry was melt in your mouth tender.

I liked how the curry's spices kick in afterwards.

This place doesn't have a lot of seats, maybe 10?

They also have a katsu sandwich but only on Thursdays and only 12 servings...I want to try this.

I'll be back.

Kujaku Curry
1-4-8 Ishibashi
Ikeda, Osaka
Phone: 080.3811.6320
Closed Mondays
Hours: 11:30-15:00, 17:00-19:30

4 comments:

KirkK said...

This looks (and sounds) really good Kat!

K and S said...

I think you might like this Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat

K said...

Ooh, looks delicious!

K and S said...

I hope to try their katsu sandwich soon K!

Take care.
Kat