Wednesday, April 10, 2024

kanda shinoda sushi

Last Friday, went to pick up some Kanda Shinoda Sushi for us to try.

They have been in business since 1902
 

Loved the wrapping and the packaging.
I bought the set with 4 kampyo maki, 2 futomaki and 4 inarizushi...1501 yen (tax included) for us to share

I like their inarizushi, it is kind of  “juicy” and has renkon (lotus root) in it)

I thought the wrapping looked familiar and I was right.

It is the same artwork as Matterhorn, the artist is Suzuki Shintaro. (cookie photo from 2022)

I'm glad we got to try this sushi, I'd definitely get it again

They also have oshizushi (pressed sushi) which we should try the next time we are here.

Kanda Shinoda Sushi
2-2-1 Kanda Awajicho
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Closed: Tuesdays
Hours: 7:30-17:00 (16:00 Saturdays & Sunday)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Compared to all the usual bento you buy, this seems kind pricey.

I just found out after decades, that my mom doesn't like futomaki and inari zushi. LOL, especially the futomaki. New Year's staple for as long as I can remember!

If you like juicy inari, you might like the inari bombs that Donki Kaheka sells now. Huge, and packed about 2/3 rice. 2 would be a complete meal. $2.99-$3.99 each, so kind of pricey too.
v

Anonymous said...

Are their cookies good, like home made taste -N

K and S said...

V I think you told me about your mom not liking futomaki :)

N, Matterhorn's cookies are more crunchy type, ono!

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

I like juicy inari!

K and S said...

Jalna, so ono yeah?!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Oooh Oshizushi! Can't wait to see that post Kat!

K and S said...

hope to go back soon, Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat