Monday, April 29, 2024

maruyama shokudo

Finally got to try Maruyama Shokudo

The couple of times we went past they were either closed or the line was krazy 

Many shops in our area are known for their tonkatsu 

And many tonkatsu shops in our area do not have all you can eat cabbage or unlimited rice

The portions at Maruyama Shokudo are pretty massive in my opinion

I ordered the katsudon without miso soup...1500 yen (tax included)

Bummed that there was about 1 inch of fat on each piece of pork on the katsu and that the rice was super mushy but I managed to finish this (and left all the fat on my plate)

Satoshi ordered the rosu katsu (pork loin)...1500 yen 

He said he enjoyed this and finished his lunch way before I did

Dunno that we would go back but glad we got to try.

Maruyama Shokudo
5-2-7 Kamata
Ota, Tokyo
Closed: Sundays
Hours: 11:30-14:00 (lunch), 16:00-21:00 (dinner) 
*cash only

5 comments:

jalna said...

Sure looks juicy!

Anonymous said...

I wonder why tonkatsu is so popular now days. Aside from the it tastes good (duh) factor, don't think it's that healthy for you. I just started liking it after going to Japan where it's become one of my must eat stops.
v

K and S said...

It was Jalna :)

V, dunno why it is so popular

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Whoa, an inch of fat on the tonklatsu and mushy rice? Wonder what makes them so popular?

K and S said...

Kirk, am thinking it is the other items on their menu like the shogayaki

Take care.
Kat