Friday, April 05, 2024

this and that

Tokyo People: don't worry be happy
While eating at MOS, I noticed there was a Hamazushi on the 5th floor of the building across the street.

We always walk past here but almost never look up...since we like Hamazushi, we're gonna try this location soon
Freesia explosion...so many blooms this year
Tokyo People: walking 3 dogs, each has their own routines, it looked kind of stressful
Tokyo People : lots of color

spotted this oldie in the parking area near JR Shinagawa
Tokyo People: the owner of the slipper shop
sakura for sale
Always see a line in front of Touryu, a chinese restaurant near Kita Shinagawa, must be ono

The pictures from Taiwan are heartbreaking. 

Family and friends in Okinawa felt the earthquake and were safe after the tsunami watch.

Have a safe weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking how much the earth quake was felt in Okinawa since we visited there in Feburary. Until then I never realized how close it was to Okinawa. Luckily no tsunami .
Bonny ogg

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to smell some freesia when I see them. Don't recall them having any fragrance. Yours look so good! And it just kill me to see so many sakura plants for sale and I can't bring them home! I bought a plant from a guy in Wahiawa but it has not bloomed in over 5 years that I've had it. I think it's too shaded by a giant lichee tree in my neighbors yard. Sad.
v

KirkK said...

Man, to think we were in Hualien almost exactly a year to the date of the earthquake Kat! Taiwan is wonderful, I hope they recover well and that the toll isn't too large.

K and S said...

Bonny, I think you might be able to see Taiwan from Okinawa on clear days

V, if you get a whiff of freesia, let me know what you think :)

Kirk, I'm glad they rebuilt "better" after their last earthquake, I think that might have helped lessen the damage, but still, hoping they will be able to recover quickly.

Take care everyone.
Kat