Monday, May 27, 2024

9873

Friday, I went to Asakusabashi and Kuramae
(UPDATE: this is the Tokyo Precious Metals Association Building, love the cool windows) 
 

I needed to pick up some waxed paper at Shimojima, in the process I bought some ball point pen ink cartridges, tape and a scoop thingy for my umeshu (plum wine)…love Shimojima!
Afterwards, I went up the street to Ambika, to pick up some paprika and fennel seeds, looked at their snacks and picked up some new (to me) snacks as well as those pepper banana chips
As I was paying, I noticed they had some foods in the heated case, so I purchased a dal wada (vada) (left) and kachori (right), 250 yen (tax included) each.

These were spicy but flavorful, the dal (lentil) that was on the outside of the dal vada was a bit hard, but both were delicious.

It was my first time trying these and I would get them again. 

I stopped at Dandelion Chocolate and picked up their brownie to try...569 yen (tax included)

So rich and delicious, loved all the chocolate nibs on top

On the way back to the station, I stumbled upon a yakitori shop, Tori Toyo and picked up some karaage chicken wings...250 yen (tax included)

After checking online, I learned that this shop has been in business for 112 years!

The owner actually closed up the chicken (butcher) shop in 2016, but couldn't bear to throw away the tare (sauce) that had been in their family for the past 100 years and yakitori grill, so he re-opened in this new spot and now sells bento and other chicken dishes.

These wings were small but so meaty! wings usually have two bones in them but these only had one, he actually took the time to take out one of the bones!

Would like to try their kiji (grilled chicken) bento the next time

I rode the train to Tokyo station and bought this casse-croute printemps sandwich from Burdigala..734 yen (tax included) for lunch

Proscuitto, onions, marinated tomato strawberry and basil...different but delicious

Foodie Friday...not too much walking, it was so humid and blazing but at least the breeze (when there was one) was still cool.

Tori Toyo
2-14-4 Yanagibashi
Taito, Tokyo
Closed: Saturdays & Sundays
Hours: 11:00-20:00

5 comments:

jalna said...

Do you happen to know what kind of business is in that building with the hexagonal shapes on it? Seems like the pattern is not random but has a meaning.

K and S said...

Jalna, google translate says that it is the Tokyo Precious Metals Association Building, glad I stumbled on this building, the windows are cool, yeah?!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Those wings look delicious Kat!

jalna said...

Ahhh, thanks! It is so cool!

K and S said...

Kirk they were really delicious!

Jalna, I updated my post, thanks!

Take care you two.
Kat