Saturday, January 26, 2013

barumiche

Sometimes Satoshi and I try new places and they just aren't what we envision.

I won't tell you the name of the place we tried last Saturday, though I will tell you that they charged us 900 yen each for barely a 1/4 of a glass of wine and 1500 yen for a cheese plate that was so skimpy, it seemed like someone's leftovers...

I will tell you about the place we went to afterwards because we were starving...Barumiche.

We had anchovy sauteed cabbage, tai carpaccio, baby leaf salad and this char siu miso negi pizza (pictured above) which was really tasty. The pizza reminded me of the chinese meat pizza I made before.

And guess what?!... with all of this food, 3 glasses of wine it was a little less than that first place we went into.

We're still talking about being ripped off by that first place, but we'll definitely be back to Barumiche.

Barumiche
1-6-14 Shibata
Kita, Osaka
Phone: 050.5796.2425
Open from 17:00 on weekdays and from 11:30 on weekends

8 comments:

genkitummy said...

That's an unfortunate dining experience. At least you guys got to end the date on a high note at Barumiche!

K and S said...

unfortunate indeed Genki!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found another place to eat that made up for the first place.

K and S said...

Thanks Paz, it was nice at that 2nd place :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

It's great that you found another place that fit the bill after that lousy/ripoff first place.

K and S said...

Afterwards, we couldn't believe all the praise others were giving it on tabelog (japan's yelp), Kirk.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Well I hope you put a review of the bad place on Yelp or Tripadvisor or whatever. All reviews, even negative ones, are really helpful in deciding whether a place is worth checking out.

K and S said...

I'll think about writing one, Rowena, might take me awhile since it their "yelp" is in Japanese.

Take care.
Kat