Thursday, January 10, 2013

update

The other day I went to get an explanation of the results from my EGD.

I had asked Satoshi to meet me at the hospital so he could listen with me (because I don't understand all the medical terms in Japanese), but he was running late and by the time he arrived, I was done.

Anyway, the doctor showed me some of the photos taken by the camera, and explained the results.

He had said a couple of words in Japanese that I didn't understand, and when I asked what they meant, he looked at me like "oh yeah, I forgot you were a foreigner"...

Then he decided to speak a little english and said, "do you know b-9?"

When I first heard it, I had thought he was talking about some kind of code because of the way the word was pronounced, but after prodding a bit, I realized he had meant "benign".

Anyway, for now, there is no need for worry, no need to remove any of the polyps either.

I just need to make sure to get physical check-ups regularly.

Relieved about the results.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I'm so happy to hear the results were good!
Take care, and cut down on your sweets and fat!!!! Hahaha, I love all the dessert postings you do, I just gain weight looking at the pictures!
Vicki

Happy Little Bento said...

That's great news Kat! You must be so relieved. I bet it's even more stressful not being familiar with the Japanese medical terms, but you handled it so well. Take care!

Tamakikat said...

Missed your post at midnight, Kat. Glad everything's OK especially on the medical score.

K and S said...

Thanks Vicki :) My hips and I know I gotta cut down...

Thanks Sheri :) so much of understanding stuff here is "by feel"...

Thanks TK, I thought I had the post set for midnight but it was set at another time :p

Take care everyone.
Kat

h said...

Yay! Glad everything was b-9!!

K and S said...

Thanks H, kinda funny yeah, b-9...

Take care.
Kat

Dayna said...

I'm glad to hear about your results. :) Take care~

K and S said...

Thanks Dayna :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

What a relief that they were "b-9". Man Kat, you got brass handling that without Satoshi. I'm very lucky (so is MotH) that when either of us needs to go to the doc for an exam or get results, we go together for support. Fortunately he's able to take off from work whenever for health-related stuff.

K and S said...

Satoshi was bummed he missed my appointment, he had taken off from work but was running late, Rowena. Good you and MotH go together :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I'm glad the results were good!

KirkK said...

I'm glad the results were good! I'm sure you're really relieved.

K and S said...

Thanks K & Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Lindsay-Jean said...

Happy to hear the good news! Glad all's well.

K and S said...

Thanks LJ :)

Take care.
Kat

gtrine said...

I didn't know you had a health scare, Kat. Glad to hear it's resolved and B-9. :)

K and S said...

Thanks Gtrine :)

Take care.
Kat