Saturday, June 22, 2013

hi sandwich

A Vietnamese sandwich shop opened recently in Waimalu called Hi Sandwich. (Not sure if it meant "hi" like "hi there" or the abbreviation for "Hawaii").

They also serve bubble drinks and smoothies.

Mom tried their lemongrass tofu sandwich on croissant...meh, she though it was too spicy and didn't have much lemongrass flavor.

I think the burning of incense in the shop kinda turned her off too.

I tried their BBQ chicken sandwich on french bread.

Where's the chicken?!

I gave some of this to my mom since she wasn't eating her sandwich, the BBQ chicken was mild, like a grilled teriyaki chicken, except drier. The bread was crumbly, definitely not good french bread.

Unfortunately, they are related to Pho Five-O, which we've tried in the past and liked.

For about $6 + tax for each sandwich, I think you could get better quality sandwiches elsewhere...I think we'll pass on going back to this place.

8 comments:

jalna said...

Good to know. Thanks.

K and S said...

maybe it was what we ordered Jalna, if you do go there, let me know what you think :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Oh no, what a disappointment!

K and S said...

indeed K :(

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Doesn't sound very good Kat.

K and S said...

It wasn't Kirk :(

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Too bad neither was great. The first looks kinda messy and the second looks skimpy.

K and S said...

I know Rowena :(

Take care.
Kat