Friday, June 28, 2013

tonkatsu ginza bairin

Thank goodness for posts done ahead of time...some stupid copper thieves hijacked the copper wiring from our phone lines thus eliminating phone and internet service for the past day and a half! It affected 200 of us in our area.

Talk about not having a life...Thank goodness some places we had to do errands at had free wifi, so that I could at least check my email.

Anyway, since we got our phone service back late yesterday afternoon, I got to work on something for today...

Got to meet up with Val & Greg the other day for lunch.

We went to Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin...the last time I ate here was in 2009, with another friend.

We all ordered the Katsu Curry...$15 + tax.

Not sure what cut of pork it was but it was super tender and moist. The curry had the right amount of heat too.

I really appreciate my friends taking time out of their busy schedules to meet up. It was great catching up with the two of them. I hope they enjoyed their lunches as well.

Thanks you two!

10 comments:

Alan said...

One of my favorites! I never thought I would eat cabbage like a salad until I ate it there with their Tonkatsu sauce.

I can't believe they stole phone wire since it is mostly insulation.

K and S said...

amazing what lo-lo people are out there Alan...love cabbage with tonkatsu sauce :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Whaaaa? How do they do that? Do they gotta climb up poles? Snip one end and then snip the other, roll up and load onto truck? Then what?

K and S said...

lol Jalna, on the news it looked like they went into the brush and probably used something like a machete to slice the phone lines that were in a big plastic pipe...

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

Oooooh! Then they can kinda hide and do it. But they still gotta sell um to somebody to make money. Or maybe they're gonna hoard it in their attic. Hahahaha!

KirkK said...

Say what???? That's crazy......

K and S said...

yup the guys that buy the wire just as guilty, Jalna :p

indeed Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Well I gotta say that this is the first I've heard of copper thievin' of phone lines in Hawaii. Excuse me while I shout JACKASSES!

K and S said...

indeed Rowena, apparently the phone company coated their wiring with something so that it is pretty much useless to try to steal...guess those guys didn't get the 411.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum, looks delicious!

I can't believe that happened, I'm glad you got it back!