Monday, June 24, 2013

primo popcorn

Tried Primo Popcorn recently.

They have so many variations, it was hard to choose from.

I tried their "Kalakoa" which means an assortment of colors in Hawaiian.

This popcorn was a bit too sweet for my liking, but it was interesting trying to figure out what flavor each color was.

I also tried the Aunty Leo's Chex Mix.

They have the standard cereals and a little furikake which is usually found in the chex mix in Hawaii.

What makes their version different is that they add popcorn and then the whole thing is caramelized.

The sweet and salty is pretty addicting.

They are kind of pricey as everyday "snackage", so I'll be back whenever I need gifts.

Primo Popcorn
120 Sand Island Access Road
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.729.7322
Closed Sundays

5 comments:

Rowena said...

I'm looking at that dark blue/violet one and figuring it's blueberry. These look deluxe in comparison to the multi-colored popcorn back in my day.

KirkK said...

I don't remember the last time I heard/read "kalakoa"..... For some reason I love the candy-coated/colored popcorn.

K and S said...

all I know is the light blue one is coconut, Rowena :)

like "unz" Kirk, my aunty said that the other day and I was like...blast from the past!

Take care you two.
Kat

Lauren said...

Thanks for the popcorn treat Kat. I think the dark blue one is grape. I think there's orange, banana, watermelon, bubble gum?, and apple flavored popcorn too. I agree with you Kat, the popcorn is a bit too sweet, but maybe that's because I ate a bunch of it at once. :P

K and S said...

I did the same thing too, so that's probably why it was too sweet too, Lauren ;p

Take care.
Kat