Monday, June 10, 2013

new friends, new places

Met up with my Flickr friend, Rex, the other day. He works in town, so I asked him to meet me at R & D, which reader, Moodie Foodie, had told me about.

It was a great place to meet up, "talk story" (chat), and to have a nice cup of coffee (I had a cappuccino).

Thanks Rex! and Thanks Moodie Foodie!

Around the corner from R & D is The Whole Ox Deli.

I had heard great things about the place as well as seen delicious photos of their food on the blogosphere.

The special that day was the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich...$12 + tax. This was so good. The cheese was creamy like a white sauce, there was lots of mushrooms and onions and the beef was really tender too.

The bun on the other hand was soggy, so I didn't eat it.

I also ordered their plantation iced tea...$3 + tax. It was good, BUT there were these "fibers" in it that I wasn't too fond of clogging up my straw...

I took my lunch to eat at Magic Island...which was so nice to gaze out at the ocean.

On the way home, I picked up some doughnuts for Doughnut Day.

A dozen of Kamehameha Bakery's poi glazed...actually the choices everyone in my family gave me to pick up were sold out.

The lady then quietly said, "I have a dozen of the poi glazed if you want though, someone ordered then cancelled it".

So, poi glazed it was...delish!

I'll be back.

R & D Kakaako (UPDATE: 2018 closed)
691 Auahi Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hours: Tuesday-Friday 7:00-19:00, Saturday 12:00-17:00

Whole Ox Deli *closed as of 9/21/2013
327 Keawe Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.699.6328
Hours: Lunch: 9:30-15:00 (Monday-Saturday), Dinner: 17:30-21:30 (Tuesday-Saturday BYOB)

8 comments:

jalna said...

Ooooh, you scored!

K and S said...

I still had to buy 'um Jalna...

Take care.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

Woohoo!! Poi glazed...the BEST ^_^

K and S said...

I ate two that day, Kathy :p

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Sweet score on the poi-glazed donuts and great to meet up with a flickr friend. One day I hope we'll get to "talk story" as well since I can still count fingers on both hands on how many blogger friends I've met in 10 years of scribbling!

K said...

That doughnut looks so pretty!

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - Looks great. I've been meaning on checking out the Whole Ox when I'm back home.

K and S said...

I hope we get to "talk story" soon too, Rowena :)

and tasty too, K :)

I hope you like it Kirk :)

Take care everyone.
Kat