Friday, June 21, 2013

nico's

It had been about 6 years since the last time I visited Nico's at Pier 38.

Since then, I think this area had a major overhaul. The restaurant had a nice face lift and a fish market is now next door.

There is also lots of free parking in a lot at the front.

Aunty M had their daily salad which was a fried monchong (pomfret) with garlic pesto shrimp on a bed of spinach which she enjoyed.

I had their fried calamari salad. I liked this but wished the sweet chili sauce/dressing would've coated the spinach better. Most bites were "dry" having no dressing at all.

Other than that, it was nice to have lunch with Aunty and her friend. Thanks Aunty.

Nico's (Pier 38)
1129 North Nimitz Highway
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.540.1377

6 comments:

K said...

I would've guessed you got no dressing on your salad!

K and S said...

Thanks K, that shot was before I poured what dressing they gave me.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Monchong....now that is a fish that I haven't had in AGES. Everything looks delish and generous in size. Nice that you got to lunch with your aunt too!

K and S said...

it definitely is something I don't see in Japan, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat

Unknown said...

delicious^^ nyamnyam

K and S said...

Thanks Hani :)

Take care.
Kat