Wednesday, December 29, 2021

books

It is snowing everywhere in Japan (except Tokyo) because I read 2 books this year (sorry!)...the one by Fran Gage was so boring...not a fan of detailed history and lots of name dropping that it took me at least a couple years to get through it.

The Chez Panisse book was interesting to learn about the different fruits in California.

 "A Sweet Quartet" by Fran Gage

"Chez Panisse Fruit" by Alice Waters

I borrowed and enjoyed a collection of travel picture books by Mitsumasa Anno, which was like “where’s wally” meets classic/modern art…9 books that showcase the famous arts of the country’s artist hidden in different landscapes and cityscapes (Central Europe, Italy, United Kingdom, America, Spain, Denmark, China, Japan, Switzerland). 

Also borrowed and enjoyed his Forest book which had many animals hidden in the various greenery.

Hope to get through more books on my shelf in 2022.

If you had a favorite read this year, please share the title with me in the comments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't read any books for a couple of years but watched a lot of kdrama and jdrama, currently watching a Chinese one called the Imperial Coroner.
I do have several books that I'm "going" to get around to. I save books for when there are power failures so I can read by either candle light or flashlight. Yah, right. LOL
v

K and S said...

I almost always miss the beginning of kdramas so I haven’t watched any V:)

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

i forgot to ask you...is there more seasons of Midnight Diner? I really enjoyed it on VIKI here so hope there will be more seasons posted. Watched the Japanese one first then the Korean one.
v

K and S said...

V, the Japanese drama version has 5 seasons, and they also have 2 movies.

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I did look up on internet and saw the 5 seasons. I realized I only saw season 2 so ordered season 1 from amazon. Pretty sure the subtitles will be horrid machine translated from possibly Chinese distributor since other subtitles listed said Chinese and Taiwanese.
I also saw posts that season 3 is on Netflix so have been asking my daughter to add us on since Ken's phone is under her T-Mobile plan and they have free Netflix, I think.
Do you know if the movies are just shorted versions of specific seasons or totally different? I saw DVD available but don't want to order if it is.
v