Tuesday, December 28, 2021

this and that

Satoshi bought these "interesting" curries for us to try when he went to Nikko with his travel guide school.

Tochigi's strawberry and lemon milk...um, the strawberry one had bits of strawberry and beef in it.

The lemon one had bits of pork in it.

If I had to choose I would say that I liked the lemon one more than the strawberry one.

Songbird Bakery's stollen.

Lots of fruits, nuts and spices.

I would get this one again next year.

Tried a tan tan men that had tofu "noodles".

The "noodles" were on the firm side and overall it could have been a little more spicy but I would get it again.

Cakes we enjoyed for Christmas from Enomoto...

Pistachio mousse christmas tree...a tart topped with pistachio mousse, raspberry puree, custard and whipped cream

Maison chocolat...griotte cherries (sour cherries) and chocolate mousse shaped like a house...rich!

We plan to do our o-soji (cleaning for the New Year) today.

I usually clean the kitchen while Satoshi cleans the rest of the apartment, windows & lanai.

I let him clean since I do most of it during the rest of the year.

I have my usual year end posts lined up.

May 2022 be kinder to all of us.

Please stay safe and be well.

6 comments:

Rowena said...

I have it on my list to clean my fil's place (there is a big problem with mold!), but I can't bring myself to do it as it's pointless in this old drafty house with poor circulation.

I wish you and Satoshi a joyous 2022 and hope for the best; so tired of this crap.

Anonymous said...

That stollen looks great.

tofu noodles! I've been seeing a lot of shiratake(?) ramen in the stores and have tried several brands. I think since the noodles are so bland, needs a stronger broth too, either spicier or richer. But, hey save on calories!!

I remember when we were in school, whenever we had Christmas break or any school break, my mom had a long list of cleaning to do. Oven, fridge, windows, polishing silverware, etc Ugh. Maybe that's why I don't do anything now, rebelling, LOL
v

jalna said...

Interesting curries and tan tan mein. Good to try yah.

K and S said...

Rowena, mold is so hard to control & clean, hope you will be able to clean it safely (wear a mask) when you do clean.

V, shirataki noodles are konnyaku so definitely save on calories:)

Jalna, interesting yeah?!

Take care everyone!
Kat

JI said...

Sun noodle tan tan ramen is the bomb. Slightly spicy. Available in Hawaii, not sure where else.

K and S said...

Thanks Ji! those noodles sound delicious:)

Take care!
Kat