Friday, December 24, 2021

this and that

Discovered a new (to me) way to "peel" the araiimo (satoimo/dasheen)...roast them first.

I scrubbed the araiimo then let it dry for a couple of hours then stuck it into a 220C (425F) oven for 30 minutes.

While it is still hot, use a dish cloth and rub the outer “skin” and it comes off pretty quickly, no slime too!

Just be careful because it is very hot!

7 years since my Grandma passed away...I bought some kuri manju (her favorite) to put next to her picture...miss you Gram!
Hard to see in the photo but Santa and his reindeer have washed their uniforms and are ready for Christmas...
The cats have been keeping warm.


A small batch of David Lebovitz's spice mixed nuts.

I added pumpkin seeds too.

Omicron is spreading around Japan but not as krazy as other countries, hoping it will not get too krazy.

This week Tokyo's daily cases ranged from 20 to 40…we are definitely not in single digits anymore..eep!

Have a safe & delicious Christmas weekend. 

4 comments:

Rowena said...

Omicron is gaining traction here too, and it's even hit close to home as our niece caught it (thankfully she and my bil's whole family wore masks when they visited us and Pops); niece is fine though. I'm looking forward to the 25th next month when we get out booster shot.

K and S said...

Hope you won’t have any side effects with your booster Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I would usually blanch the satoimo in boiling water first or even microwave quickly for ease of peeling Kat.

K and S said...

will try these ways Kirk, thanks for telling me about them:)

Take care
Kat