Monday, December 27, 2021

the can of sardines

Thursday, we went to Benny to pick up some groceries.

I wanted a can of sardines so that I could make brandade for our Christmas pupu party.

At the checkout, the guy at the register scanned the can I had in my basket then went to the back of the store.

He said..."this can is expired"...

I was bummed because when I looked at their shelves they did not have any other cans of sardines...

Then he said, "do you need the can of sardines?"

I said, "yes that is why I was gonna buy a can"

He said..."if you want, I'll give you the can at no cost because it is expired, though I cannot guarantee the safety of the contents"

Thank you Santa!

7 comments:

jalna said...

So nice! Amazing that he even noticed. Only in Japan.

K and S said...

Jalna, so true yeah?!

Take care!
Kat

Dawn said...

I really appreciate reading your posts these many years, they are very insightful. I would just like to say that is the most beautifully packaged can of sardines that I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

score! cute that he told you he won't be responsible for safety.

There's a CVS (Longs) in our building whose pharmacist assistant is great. I was buying some eye drops and she said the bottle would be expiring in February 2022 so did I still want it.

Another time, I went to the 7-11 on Bishop and bought a couple of boxes of Pocky because a guy in our office has a birthday on 11/11. When I got back to my office, I saw the both boxes were expired so I went right back and asked for a refund. Would you believe the b*%^&%clerk didn't want to refund and said I should have checked before!!! I even had the receipt showing it was purchased within the hour!!! She did give me the refund. Hoo mama, if she didn't......
v

K and S said...

I appreciate your comment Dawn and am glad you enjoy these posts!

Glad she gave you back the refund V!

Take care you two:)
Kat

KirkK said...

That was very nice Kat!

K and S said...

it really was Kirk!

Take care:)
Kat