Thursday, December 16, 2021

friday

Oops…Forgot to tell you about last Friday…I went to the dentist.

What they thought might be a cavity back in November, luckily wasn’t..whew!

I had intended to eat at Shake Shack afterwards, but since I finished early and they weren't open yet, I went on a bakery crawl in Oookayama instead.

I thought I had written about these bakeries when we first moved to Tokyo but guess I didn’t…it was pre-pandemic when I visited them, so it’s been 2 years…

Schomaker…German style breads…this time around I bought their walnut bread & maple ginger cookies.

The cookies were made by a vendor called Osanji. They were crisp and very gingery, love!

The walnut bread is super dense with big chunks of walnuts and some raisins...good with butter!

Himmel..half a tuna sandwich and a roll filled with mortadella & cheddar..so good toasted.

Campanella Pan…their stollen and a chocolate walnut scone.

I’ve had their scone before, love the chocolate nut ratio.

It was the first time trying their stollen, so buttery and generous amount of dried fruits, love! would definitely get this one again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have such a limited amount of bakeries here unless you go to the open markets around the island, but so crowded and lines and sun or rain and.....Then, there are the kinds that you have to preorder and only pick up certain days. Too complicated. And fattening. (trying to convince myself, LOL)
so, jealous of all the bakeries in Japan!
v

K and S said...

V, hope you can visit so we can go eat bread:)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Glad about the non-cavity diagnosis Kat!

K and S said...

Me too Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat