Wednesday, December 01, 2021

monday

Since our building's water was going to be turned off all day on Monday, Satoshi and I planned to go out to Mount Takao.

It was our first time and since we are out of shape, we rode the lift up.

It was fahreezing! (we should have dressed warmer!) but it was a good way to social distance.

I wished there was more signage to let you know how much more you needed to go to reach the top...

If you make the photo bigger you can see a faint Mount Fuji...

The slopes were kind of steep in my opinion...at times I wished someone would carry me too..so many furry kids on the trail, a good thing.
It was nice bonding with nature.
We found a spot where hardly anyone was passing through...I shot a short video here.
And then we took the cable car down...

just to see what views they had…no social distancing but everyone was wearing masks and not many talking.

Stood in line for lunch at Takahashiya which has been in business since 1830.

There is a persimmon tree in the waiting area that is 150-ish years old and goes straight through the roof of the shop!
View from our table...
Takahashiya and many of the other soba places in the area are known for their tororo (grated chinese yam) soba but I'm not too keen on it, so I ordered their tempura seiro...so good!

Even if it was freezing, I usually don't drink the broth, so no sense wasting it which is why I ordered seiro (which is served cold)

And then since we were (kinda) near Inokashira Park, we stopped to see their foliage.
There was a man cleaning the pond.

Most of the fall foliage was past its peak here. 

Beautiful stained glass in Shibuya.

17951...lots of walking but it was nice to be able to check out Mount Takao and see some Fall foliage.

Takahashiya
2209 Takaomachi
Hachioji, Tokyo
Phone: 042.661.0010
Pandemic schedule: Closed Thursday : check before going*
Hours: 10:00-16:30
**cash only

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures! perfect picture of Fujisan. Guess I'll have to try going during autumn colors.
v

Anonymous said...

I must have looked at these pictures 3 times already. so pretty!
My next hike was supposed to be Mitakesan and Okutama and that was Thanksgiving 2019. Three years makes a huge difference in ability when you get old :(
Hope I can still make it next year.
v

K and S said...

V, I hope we all can travel soon!

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

What a nice outing! Your lovely pictures make me miss traveling to Japan. I also like seeing unusual things like the pond being cleaned by machinery. I always giggle, too, when you eat soba or ramen when I think about you stopping Satoshi from drinking all the soup. (Shh, don’t tell him!)

K and S said...

Thanks Anon, I hope we can all travel soon!

Take care:)
Kat

jalna said...

I wonder if I'll ever see that beautiful fall foliage again.

K and S said...

Jalna, I’ve been thinking the same thing about Hawaii.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Love the fall colors in Japan Kat!

K and S said...

me too Kirk!

Take care:)
Kat