Tuesday, December 07, 2021

knife storage

How do you store your knives?

In Japan they have these rack thingies attached to the cupboard door (probably because most of us do not have counter space for those knife blocks)...do you have these things on the cupboard door where you live?!

I've only been using it for the past couple weeks but it drives me krazy because after using my knife, I wash it and put it into this thing…

Then I realize I need to use the knife to cut something else and need to do the whole routine again...p.i.t.a.

When we were living in Osaka, I was balancing the knife on two chopstick rests on the outskirts of the sink, but for some reason on this sink, the water was leaving a calcified mark on the sink, making it hard to clean and there was also lots of mold on the chopstick rests...eww!

I'll need to think of a better way to make accessing my knife easier...

1st world problems...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a magnetic strip attached to the cabinet side alongside my sink so can just clean the knife and stick it there.
You can soak a paper napkin with white vinegar and let it sit on the calcification on your sink for several hours and it will dissolve or take very little scrubbing. I occasionally wrap around my faucet bases where the calcification builds up.
v

K and S said...

ooh thanks V, I will try the vinegar and paper towel method.

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

We have a whole drawer dedicated to just knives. I would like to get rid of a lot of them . . . but when other people in the house cook more than you do, then you don't really have a say.

Rowena said...

I have too many knives (for each specific task!) but they all fit in a kitchen drawer.

K and S said...

Jalna, lol

Lucky you have a drawer to keep all of them Rowena:)

Take care you two!
Kat

Rowena said...

well...it is nice but the bad thing is that it's easy to collect more stuff! I have a sea urchin cutter and oyster knife that rarely see the light of day. I thought it would be a good idea at the time. ^-^

K and S said...

At least if you need one for sea urchin you have it Rowena:)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

We have a block for our knives Kat.