Wednesday, March 08, 2023

11984

Since my photos uploaded wonky, this post is out of order...

huge frying pan in front of Hotto Motto Grill

Interesting tile on a building
Strawberry parfait at Marufuku Coffee...with coffee 1700 yen (tax included)
lego R2D2
Interesting car...


Tanuki shrine in Kanda
the word “sushi” made with plastic (dusty) sushi
roads blocked off everywhere because of the Tokyo Marathon.

I tried asking a grandma volunteer where I could cross the street and I got the most snarkiest answer and lots of 'tude, I know she must've been asked the same question over and over, but she still could've been nicer...

Wasted calories...this waxy sakura matcha donut and house blend at Starbucks.

It didn't even taste sakura-ish and the coffee tasted really burnt…ick

Interesting mosaic objets in the lobby of Fujisoft Building
More of the mosaic in the lobby
Big daruma at Chabara
Pretty camellia
The mamo bus...
Keema and Paratha at Bengal Curry.

1st time trying paratha it was so flaky and delicious!

Also 1st time trying Bengal's curry, I'll be back.

Satoshi had their shrimp curry but it was a bit too liquidy for his liking.

You can see this office building with mannequins from the platform of the JR Akihabara station...

Satoshi said he didn't do too well on his TOEIC test.

He had 120 out of 200…

He took the test again this past Sunday...

He said he needs 160 to waive himself from some tour guide criteria, hopefully he'll get a better score.

Bengal Curry

3-6-1 Sotokanda

Chiyoda, Tokyo

Phone:03.6260.8879

Open Daily 11:30-21:00

Marufuku Coffee

inside Yodobashi Camera Akihabara 4F

Open when Yodobashi Camera is

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love these pictures, especially the mosaic tree, and lobby. (hah, you thought I was gonna say the tama on the tanuki, right?)
v

K and S said...

The other tanuki was more "graphic" V :p

Take care.
kat

jalna said...

I had an experience once with a rude lady on a subway train in Kyoto, but I did run over her foot with my suitcase so she's excused. Oh, and I also nailed her in the head with my elbow too. Accidentally, of course.

K and S said...

Jalna, oopsa!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

oof! that snarky grandma part brought up a flashback from a snarky grandma on Kauai! I mean, sheesh, we were just visiting Hamura saimin shop and out of curiosity she asked where we were from. I said Italy and she went OFF on how Meredith Knox was innocent and Italy was wrong to prosecute her blah blah blah. and she gave us stink face!!! FFS (sorry), I wanted to tell her that I was originally from Kauai but MotH cuts in and says "we don't watch the news so we don't know or care about that."

K and S said...

Rowena, MotH handled that grandma :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

What's up with these Senior citizens Kat? Hope Satoshi does better the next time he takes the test!

K and S said...

Dunno Kirk...thanks, I'll tell him :)

Take care!
Kat