Friday, March 10, 2023

yabo tenmangu

Dunno what I was looking at, but I read something about Yabo Tenmangu's plum garden and the author was saying it being as pretty as Ikegami plum garden

So, I had the crazy notion to go check it out after lunch on Tuesday.

The funny thing is that this shrine is called Yabo, but the station you need to get off at is Yaho...

It is about an hour train ride from where we live and only a couple of minutes from the JR Yaho station.
Bummer that these were past their peak, the petals were fluttering to the ground whenever the wind blew.
Apparently there are 350 trees, Ikegami plum garden has 370 trees.
Will check this out again next year, hopefully I'll be able to catch them in full bloom...
It was interesting to check out this part of Tokyo.

I also got my hands on a taiyaki filled with sakura a from Naruto Taiyaki Honpo.

The weather is definitely warming up...have a safe weekend.

Yabo Tenmangu

5209 Yaho

Kunitachi, Tokyo

Phone: 042.576.5123

Open 24 hours

6 comments:

jalna said...

Such a cute garden.

Rowena said...

oh there are just hearts popping out of my eyes just looking at that taiyaki!

Anonymous said...

a bit far, but hey, next February! I mean, I went to Kawazu and Kyoto so what's an hour, right?
v

K and S said...

it really was Jalna

Rowena, hoping you get to try something like this :)

V, true :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

Too bad you missed th bloom Kat. But the garden is quite pretty. Thanks for sharing.

K and S said...

always next year Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat