Saturday, March 25, 2023

21791

Thursday night it rained, really hard.

Then Friday morning, the sun was kind of out, so I hurriedly got out and about....from where we live it took me about an hour to get to Nishi Kasai, from there, I walked through the Edogawa Natural Zoo...it was free!

They had all sorts of animals.
 
Next door is the Heisei Garden
So beautiful (and free too!)

Then I walked to the Shinkawa (Shin River) they are supposed to have 1000 cherry trees along this river.

It was pretty.
Remembering that wagashi shops also sell savory items, I picked up some inarizushi and sakura mochi for my lunch from Notoya on my way to the Funabori station


340 yen (tax included)...delicious

Thankful the owner gave me some waribashi (wooden chopsticks) to eat this with.

There was also some benishoga (red ginger) on the side to balance out the sweetness from the inarizushi.

Walked through Ojima Komatsukawa Park in the Koto ward.
Huge park!
Along the Komatsukawa Senbonzakura Promenade, they are supposed to have 1000 trees here too.
It was overcast for most of the day, so it wasn’t the best for taking pictures, but I'm glad I got to check out these places.

Notoya
2-12-18 Funabori
Edogawa, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3680.1307
Closed Tuesdays
Hours: 10:00-18:00

if you'd like to see more photos and videos, please look here

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

such pretty pictures. So lucky that there are these beautiful parks and promenades!
v

K and S said...

V, these were definitely nice to check out!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Wow, so beautiful!

K and S said...

Thank you Jalna!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I get the impression that most public viewing places are charged there? I don't think I've ever seen free admission mentioned more than once in a post.

K and S said...

Rowena, most gardens charge admission for their maintenance, and most zoos are private so they charge admission. parks are usually free though.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

My goodness, it's so beautiful!

K and S said...

it really was Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat