Monday, March 20, 2023

15749

Sunday the weather was beautiful, and since most of the coming week will either be cloudy or rainy, we made sure to get out and about.

Saturday night, I saw Togoji featured during the weather report, so we and everyone else visited on Sunday.

From where we live it is about an hour and a half by train.

We rarely ride the Keio trains, so we had a hard time figuring out where to catch our transfer inside the Keio Chofu station, otherwise I'm sure we would've arrived earlier...

From the Keio Tamareien station, it is about 5 minutes walking.

Togoji has 5 or 6 weeping cherry trees...so HUGE and so beautiful.

The temple sits on the land of Admiral Togo’s villa. 

And the gate was a model for Akira Kurosawa’s ”Rashomon”

From Togoji, we went to Shukugawara, to check out the Nikaryo Waterway, a tiny river-like waterway that is lined with cherry trees and many bridges.

I saw this area on a J-drama and marked it to check out.

I had also totally forgotten that we had been to this area when we visited Myorakuji.

I think the walk along the waterway was about 1 kilometer (.62 miles) long.

So cute these two picnic-ing.

My favorite shot of the day was the moss on this bridge
The sakura is just starting to bloom, but it was still pretty to see.

If you'd like to see a few more photos, please look here.

Togoji

3-40-10 Shimizugaoka

Fuchu, Tokyo

Phone: 042.361.2663

Nikaryo Waterway

near the JR Shukugawara station

5 comments:

KirkK said...

Lovely photos Kat! Thanks for sharing!

Rowena said...

it's so funny that over here (for us anyway), we know that when the weather's good we had better stay home because everybody else will be out and about! I am grateful we live in a forest.

jalna said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pictures! I guess I'll have to get over my fear of hanami crowds and visit in March.
v

K and S said...

Glad you enjoyed this Kirk :)

I would usually stay away from the crowds too Rowena, but we always try to get out and about early so that we can be going home when the crowds start

Thanks Jalna :)

V, just gotta get out and about early :)

Take care everyone.
Kat