Tuesday, March 21, 2023

18264

WARNING: my photos uploaded wonky again, so this post will be all over the place...

Got to check out a coffee shop that is often used in commercials and J-drama...Roman.

Well, when I finally found it…ha!

I walked in one direction, then walked back, then crossed the street...

Was flip flopping between a parfait or hotcakes and in the end ordered their hotcakes with an iced coffee...880 yen (tax included)

The hotcakes weren't anything special, but I liked the vibe of this place. 

My only peeve is that they allow smoking.

When I do go back, I hope they let me sit by the door like they did on this visit.

Green Road is a 21 kilometer (13 mile) walking path that I saw part of near the Seibu Hana Koganei station on my way to Koganei Park

They have so many flowers.

And benches to sit on along the route...nice!

Interior of Roman
Since I am not too familiar with manga nor anime I didn't know the location of the “Astro Boy” takes place in Takadanobaba.

For that reason there are several large murals near the JR Takadanobaba station and the “music” you hear before the train leaves the station is the theme song of the “Astro Boy” anime.

Tokyo people: the guy that changes the ads in the train...wonder if you have to be really tall to be hired for this job...
Koganei Park, if you remember we visited the Edo Tokyo Open Air Museum, which is on the grounds of this park.
So many camellia trees...pretty!

There was also an area with azaleas but that wasn’t in bloom yet
Many people hanami-ing (flower viewing)

The cherry trees are huge!
my lunch was a fan tuan from Tokyo Dujyan Seikatsu...love this!
Green Road...the sakura just started blooming but there was just enough to still be pretty and it’s nice to be outside.

Roman
2-18-11 Takadanobaba, Toumon Building 2F
Shinjuku, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3209.5230
Open daily 11:30-19:00
*cash only

p.s. if you're interested, more photos here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aside from the cherry blossoms, I love the camellia in full bloom like this. So pretty, even when they've fallen.
Also, all I remember about Takadanobaba was so many curry places as cheap meals catering to the Waseda students.
v

Anonymous said...

Our first trip to Japan we got to see the Cherry blossoms in full bloom and was hooked on Japan. One of the most beautiful site.
On the kitv news they reported about a new orchid that was discovered in Tokyo? It looked like delicate shaved ice. Did you hear about it?
I would'nt mind seeing that.
Happy Spring,
Bonny from OGG

K and S said...

V, that is interesting, will look into the curry places :)

Bonny, I have not heard about the orchid, will look into this :) thanks for the heads up.

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks like the groups are doing some good distancing for their hanami Kat! Lovely photos!

Rowena said...

omigarsh that camelia! I have one that I bought at discount say...4 years ago? still doing well but boy does it grow slow (from a 5-inch pot and now it's in an 8 liter container). look forward to the blooms ^-^

K and S said...

Definitely nice places to distance Kirk :)

Hoping your blooms will be soon Rowena!

Take care you two.
Kat