Monday, March 04, 2024

18625

Friday, I went to Bob Bagel, I bought a half sized lox sandwich, scone, chocolate chip cookie and blueberry bagel.

When I got home, I noticed they forgot to put the blueberry bagel in my package...boo

So, I called them, and the owner's wife said they would refund my money for it....I told her I would stop by the next day (Saturday)

By the way, the sandwich was delicious...everything bagel, lots of fresh salmon, cream cheese, red onion, capers and tomato

the cookie was kind of like Cookie Corner's chocolate chip cookie...chewy and had chunks of chocolate in it...love!

and the scone was buttery! 

So the next day, not wanting to spend more money on train fare just to get my refund, I walked one way to Bob Bagel

Jinchoge (daphne) starting to bloom, love the fragrance!
Interesting dragon in front of a restaurant
this shark looking thingy in the park
Huge jade plant with flowers!
Walked past a school

Loved how many plants this house had in front of it.
Dinosaurs in the park
Donki (Don Quijote) haul...chocolate churro chips and face masks
so cute!
Instead of a refund, I got the bagel they forgot to give me and they also gave me a free bagel too.
On the way to the JR Shinagawa station, I found a new (to me) bakery called Pain du Boo

All sorts of croissants...loved their curry cheese...405 yen (plus tax)

The chocolate chip cookie was too hard though..302 yen (plus tax)

And then I stopped in at Yaohan, a small fruit and vegetable stand that has been in business since 1930.

Their yakiimo (roasted sweet potatoes) are sold by weight...I was surprised when the lady at the register said...162 yen (tax included)! so cheap!

I'll be back to Yaohan for yakiimo when I'm in the area.

Pain du Boo
1-22-19 Kitashinagawa
Shinagawa, Tokyo
Closed Mondays
Hours: 8:00-18:00

Yaohan
1-22-21 Kitashinagawa
Shinagawa, Tokyo
Closed Sundays
Hours: 10:00-20:00 (19:30 on Saturdays)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep drooling looking at those bagels!
v

K and S said...

V, gonna buy some salmon sashimi to eat with the everything bagel I put in the freezer :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

The lox!!!

KirkK said...

The bagels look good as does that sandwich!

K and S said...

Jalna, so ono!

Kirk it was :)

Take care you two.
Kat