Wednesday, March 13, 2024

foodie saturday

Saturday I went to Ebisu to see this pop up...

I've been following Sakura Hanafusa for some time now, she carves cats from pieces of wood

It was something to see up close.

Ebisu...never noticed the beer lamp posts before...
or the sakura lights




the JR Ebisu station had cyclamen alongside the people movers (the flat type of escalators).
Lunch: provencale sandwich from Le Grenier a Pain...tuna, olives, tomatoes...loved this
tried Maison Landemaine's pain au chocolat, nice chocolate ratio
Nihonbashi Eitaro's sakura daifuku...so pretty

Also picked up dinner garlicky chicken from Big Oven, these were meaty and the outside super crispy...love!

The fries were meh!

It was quite cold but nice to be out and about

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cats are adorable! Were the street lamps close to Ebisu brewery?
That sandwich looks to die for. Had a busy morning so I just ate a bowl of cereal and milk for lunch. I will be scavenging for food in about an hour.
v

K and S said...

V, sorry I don't know where the brewery was.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Those cats!! I went to an art store called U Arts in Osaka and the owner must be into cats because there were a lot of cute cat things there.

KirkK said...

Love the little neighborhood details Kat! And that chicken looks ono!

K and S said...

Jalna I sometimes think cats are more popular than dogs here :)

Kirk, I think you might approve of this chicken

Take care you two.
Kat