Wednesday, March 06, 2024

carrot miso soup

With some of the colorful carrots, I made this carrot miso soup the other night.

When I peeled the reddish carrot, I was shocked that only the peel was red, the inside was orange.

I immediately washed the peel and added it to the carrots I had prepared to roast in the oven

I sauteed some red onion in a pan, added 3 cups of water, some of the roasted carrots, and a dashi packet

Then after the carrots were totally soft, I whizzed it with the hand blender and added 4 teaspoons of miso.

I topped our soup with the reddish peel and some sugar snap peas.

Pretty sure Mother Nature is having fun slamming us back and forth between Winter and Spring.

6 comments:

KirkK said...

Interesting....for some reason, I never thought of carrot-miso!

Anonymous said...

carrot miso soup. Whodda thunk? The only place I regularly see colored carrots is Whole Foods, and once in a while Safeway. Maybe I can try.
v

jalna said...

So beautiful!

K and S said...

different Kirk :)

different but delicious V!

Jalna thank you

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

oooh...delicious simplicity, and perfect for this kind of weird weather we're having too (cold and rainy after January and mid-Feb being warmish and dry!). I think maybe this will be one of those wetter years?

K and S said...

Rowena, so weird the weather! not looking forward to typhoon season, it's gonna be krazy!

Take care.
Kat