Thursday, March 28, 2024

back to blue poppy

Went back to Blue Poppy Bakery
because they had hot cross buns for Easter.

To tell you the truth, growing up my mom used to make these, but I wasn't a fan of those neon candied fruits she used to put in them.

Blue Poppy's...these had lots of raisins, orange peel and spices like cinnamon and cardamom...love!

Savory Brioche...creme fraiche, bacon, fried onion and parmigiano...delicious!
Chocolate chip cookie...buttery with lots of chocolate! love.

I also purchased their buttermilk scone and moroccan foccacia, but put these into the freezer, will blog about these (hopefully I remember to)

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love hot cross buns and wait for Easter when the bakeries put them out.
neon fruits, ahahaha, yah, I remember those.
(I also love fruitcake too.)
v

K and S said...

you might have enjoyed my mom's back in the day V :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

The one with the bacon sounds divine!

K and S said...

it was ono Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'm no fan of those candied fruits either but this bakery's version sounds delish!

KirkK said...

That bacon brioche look ono Kat!

K and S said...

it really was ono Rowena!

Kirk, it was :)

Take care you two.
Kat