Saturday, March 02, 2024

this and that

was influenced by a tv show
apparently this snack is super popular in Aomori.

Choco Q suke is a slightly salty wafer drizzled with chocolate

glad we got to try this
 

echire butter’s butter sandwich…340 yen(tax included)

shortbread style cookies with buttercream in the middle, delicious!
and their madeleine..340 yen (tax included)
Frou Frou’s beef stew, more like pot roast covered with demi glacé sauce, so tender!

and the dollop of mashed potatoes! so delicious. so smooth and you could taste a little garlic and butter in it…1500 yen (tax included)

I save the demi glace sauce to dip potatoes in


and to pour over scrambled eggs and rice

With some of the colorful carrots I bought at the Farmers Market, I made half a recipe of Carottes râpées au miel.

Not quite salad weather but it was a nice way to use some of the carrots


Sakura bean paste filled taiyaki...330 yen (tax included) I think the price really went up with this one, but I'm glad I got to have one this year.

Monday & Tuesday the winds were krazy! almost typhoon strong

Tokyo People: the senior baseball team
Tokyo People & so teeny

Have a safe weekend.






5 comments:

jalna said...

I'd like to try all of the above. LOL.

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat! Seems like you're a regular at Frou Frou now! ;o)

K and S said...

lol Jalna :)

Kirk, the demiglace sauce is addicting :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

in Hawaii, the old man softball is called Makule league. Hahaha.
aiii, I forgot to look for sakura taiyaki. I forgot to look for so many goodies. Didn't even get to eat a soft serve a day, but the ones I ate were so good....especially the ume flavored one in Fuchu!
And now I want to eat lox and bagels.
v

K and S said...

yeah that ume flavored soft serve was ono V!

Take care.
Kat