Thursday, March 21, 2024

oookayama

Tuesday, went to Oookayama 

I always pass this place but it is usually never open when I do, luckily it was open on this day...Matsuyatei

Got this Saikyoyaki Gindara (white miso sablefish) bento for Satoshi...600 yen (tax included)

This bento also came with furikake, okara, fried tofu and konnyaku

I also went to check out Voie Lactée (which means Milky Way in French)

A tiny bakery that has been in business for over 50 years.

Their Origin Sandwich...ham, egg salad, butter, mayo, lettuce..240 yen (tax included)

Delicious! I will try toasting it next time. 

And Salt butter rolls for breakfast...140 yen (tax included) each

These were so buttery!

Will be back to try both places whenever I am in the area

Matsuyatei

3-16-3 Minamisenzoku

Ota, Tokyo

Closed: Sundays

Hours: 10:30-19:30

Voie Lactee

3-12-20 Minami

Meguro, Tokyo

Hours: 7:00-19:30

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something about deviled egg sandwiches in Japan that taste so Ono! Could it be the mayo? I love it .
Bonny Ogg

jalna said...

Uuuuu, I wanna eat a deviled egg and ham sandwich now!!

K and S said...

Bonny, I didn't know that it was called deviled egg, I always thought "deviled" was because it was "spicy"...while US uses Best Foods, Japan uses Kewpie :)

Jalna, hope you get your fix :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

That sandwich looks ono Kat!

K and S said...

it really was Kirk

Take care.
Kat