Saturday, June 19, 2010

che chuoi

Another wonderful adventure with my "jotting"...

The said jotted recipe was for Che Chuoi, a Vietnamese treat with tapioca and banana.

Here is what I wrote down..."Che Chuoi...coconut pearls with banana....add banana + unsalted roasted peanuts"...That was it.

I didn't write down the magazine I got it from, though I have a feeling it may be from "Saveur".

And I sort of remembered that in the article they served this warm.

Anyway, after making these treats I had some leftover sweetened coconut milk and tapioca, so I added some sliced banana.

I didn't have any unsalted peanuts so I just chopped up some unsalted cashews.

Instead of having this warm, I ate this cold. Though this version probably wasn't authentic, it was a great snack and nice way to beat the awful humidity we're having.

Then on a rainy day, I made some vietnamese coffee and ate some che chuoi topped with chopped unsalted almonds.

While I loved the cashew topping, I think I like the chopped almonds on top of this dish a little more.

I think it was because the almonds added a roasted flavor.

I am definitely making this again...ooh and by the way, I am amazed that this is my 1500th post...I can't believe I have kept up with blogging for as long as I have.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

9 comments:

Helen said...

Congrats on your 1500! I just reached my 1000th (on Blogger) and I was quite pleased with myself.

I love the cool cafes and places you visit...we don't have as many exciting places to eat or drink up where I live. I'm visiting them vicariously through your blog.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Congrats on 1500 posts--that's amazing!

There is just something about the pairing on coconut milk and banana that is so good. Love the nuts on top. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Helen and congratulations on your 1000th post!

Thanks Debinhawaii :)

Take care you two.
Kat

moshi mooch said...

Congrats on your 1500th post!

Thank you for sharing with us daily! =D

K and S said...

Thanks Moshi :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I like your 'jotting down' treats which is much better than my 'ripping out the recipe' habit (even when I'm at the dentist or elsewhere. 1500 posts is a lot! And you've been at it since 2005! I still trying to hit the 1000 mark before my blog turns 7 years old (next year).

K and S said...

Even if you don't hit 1000, 7 years is so great Rowena!

Take care!
Kat

Barbara said...

Congrats on 1500 posts Kat. I love your new look.

I love Vietnamese coffee.

K and S said...

Thanks Barbara :)

Take care.
Kat