Wednesday, June 23, 2010

on a walk (or two)

The weather has been humid and gloomy. Still, if it isn't raining, I try to get out and walk.

Here are a few things I've seen...A Nissan Be-1 (bee-one). Found this on a car lot. Doesn't this look like a fun car?

This jazzed up motorcycle.

I looked on the website of the shop which this was parked in front of and those diamond shaped motifs are kamon (family crest).

I'm not too certain as to what type of motorcycle it is though.

Look at this poor car.

I don't think it runs and the two cars around it are parked so close to it that even if it did run, the driver would have to go in through the hatchback.

(I've actually had a similar experience in Hawaii, makes me mad just thinking about it)

A Fiat 500 I saw in a parking lot.

I love how the Japanese are able to choose the number on their license plates...this person chose, "500" (sorry my finger got in the way)

A Mini I saw in a parking lot. This one chose "32" for its license plate which in Japanese means "mini"

Near the river, there is an empty lot next to a garden.

On a recent walk, I noticed that the empty lot is now filled with these green and red flowers.

I surfed around and found out that they are Alstromeria Psittacina, which I think are also called NZ Christmas Bell, Peruvian Lily and Inca Lily.

More cars than nature on these walks, hope your week is going well.

8 comments:

KirkK said...

Oooh more photos for Kat's mini collection! By the way, I've been hemmed in like that here in San Diego as well...... man is that aggravating.

Anonymous said...

lots of interesting things to see on your walk. ;-)

i'm loving your new blog look.

paz

Rowena said...

The older cars look like toy cars! Very cute (make mine Hello Kitty pink). Now you got me thinking that I really need to take a photo of the display of new Vespas in pastel colors. I hope they haven't been sold yet.

K and S said...

Aggravating indeed Kirk, especially when you are pinning in between of 2 mini-vans!

Thanks Paz!

They do don't they? I would love to see pastel Vespas Rowena :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

OkiHwn said...

Nice new background!

K and S said...

Thanks Nate :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Pretty flowers and I like that little Nissan. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Debinhawaii, it is a cute little car :)

Take care.
Kat