Sunday, June 13, 2010

rainy season

Apparently today, our area will enter the rainy season and according to the weather guy, the next week will be rainy...blah!

The rainy season in Japan is kinda depressing (to me), it is humid, it rains, you think the weather will cool off because it rains, but then it is humid again. In fact, the rain is warm...ew! (See? depressing right?)

Growing up in Hawaii, it gets humid, it rains and then there are tradewinds which come back and all is well. So this humid-rain-humid combo is something that doesn't make any sense to me, even after living in Japan for as long as we have.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...The other weekend the weather was so beautiful and sunny that we went to check out Suigetsu Park.

We bought some sandwiches from Ferdinand and some cold drinks (coffee and tea) from 7-eleven and walked to the park.

There were several benches under the weeping willow trees, so we took one and had our lunch.

The shobu (iris) was in bloom and the ajisai (hydrangea) too. Some of the ajisai buds looked like candy.

I hope the rainy season will end quickly, though the weather guys aren't so sure about that.

Hope you have a good week.

12 comments:

Admin said...

Same here in the Philippines. In the morning it's very sunny and hot then by noon, dark clouds will be everywhere but it's still hot. And they call it rainy season? I'm disappointed. LOL

Magic of Spice said...

Amazing...Beautiful post and blog:)

jalna said...

Beautiful photos.

K and S said...

You are so funny Mikuru :)

Thanks for stopping by Magic of Spice!

Thanks Jalna :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - How long is the "rainy season?" Just curious....

Rowena said...

As far as our place is concerned, it can't make up its mind to be rainy season or not. Weather guys says rain, but it only drizzles and there's lots of sun. It really messes up my laundry schedule when I can't be sure whether I'll be rained out or blasted with sunshine!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Such pretty flowers--looks like a gorgeous day in the park. ;-)

Unknown said...

Those are nice photos. I've never visited Kyoto any later than February, so I've never seen the greenery and flowers.

K and S said...

I think it is a little over a month long Kirk.

I stopped hanging my clothes outside Rowena because a)someone on the floors below us smokes on their lanai and b)all the pollution in the air, though the amount of door jambs in our apartment does limit how much laundry I can do at once.

Thanks Debinhawaii, these flowers definitely look nice with a sprinkling of rain :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

K and S said...

After Spring, it gets so humid and hot that I don't recommend coming to Japan to anyone Rick! (If you live in Bangkok, Japan would probably be hotter!)

Take care.
Kat

Barbara said...

WE get our rain in summer. I don't mind it, as in NZ rainwas in winter and always cold.

K and S said...

NZ rain sounds a bit dreary Barbara.

Take care.
Kat